Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 30, 2012



Temperature–wise, this is supposed to be the best 24–hour period we're going to have in these parts for the next several days.

Today's high will be in the upper 40s or low 50s, and the low is supposed to be around 40. Ordinarily, that should be the kind of 24–hour period I can get through without too much electricity consumption. But there is talk of significant cloud cover this afternoon, which won't help to warm my apartment very much, and then rain is supposed to come through the area early in the morning and stay for most of the day, driving temperatures down as we wind up the old year.

The bottom line is, I don't know what to expect.

I can tell you that today's meter reading is 7497. The reading yesterday was 7457. That's 40 kWh to keep this apartment in the 50s for the last 24 hours.

That's more than I used on all but a handful of days last summer.

Something isn't right.

No comments:

Post a Comment