Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 16, 2013



The forecasters said Monday would be warm, and, by golly, they were right.

I'm not sure what yesterday's official high temperature was, but I suspect that, if it didn't hit 90°, it reached 88° or 89°, and the hit index certainly must have pushed it past 90°.

It didn't cool off a lot at night, either, probably stayed in the 70s, but I know that, after the sun went down, a pleasant breeze was blowing through my window. Maybe it just felt pleasant when compared to the heat of the day. Anyway, it felt pretty nice.

And I was proud of myself. It got pretty warm in this apartment, but I made do with my box fan and only switched on the AC briefly around 10 p.m. to cool down the apartment a bit (opening the windows really wasn't doing the trick).

I really wanted to extend my streak of single–digit electricity consumption days. But it wasn't to be. My consumption went up more than 20%. This morning's meter reading is 8676. Yesterday's reading was 8665.

No comments:

Post a Comment