Saturday, October 12, 2013

October 12, 2013



I don't know what conditions were like yesterday afternoon because I spent most of it in the newsroom.

But it was a warm and humid day, as far as I can tell. Judging from what I have heard from others, it may even have reached 90° at some point.

My electricity consumption doesn't reflect that, presumably because I switched off the air conditioning early this week. I know it never kicked on yesterday. It couldn't have.

But, if the temperature is around 90° today, and recent forecasts suggest that is a distinct possibility, I probably will. It is Saturday, and I will be home most of the day. If it gets hot in my apartment, I will run the air conditioning. And my daily consumption will be back in double digits, at least temporarily.

For now, though, my electricity consumption remains in single digits.

This morning's meter reading is 12055. Yesterday's reading was between 12046 and 12047 so consumption was 8½ kWh. Even without the air conditioning, that is about a 21% increase over the previous 24 hours.

But it is a 38% decrease compared to this day in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment