Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 14, 2013



OK, yesterday was cold. I knew it when I got up in the morning. I knew it when I was out and about taking care of my daily business. I knew it when I went to bed last night.

And I knew it from the way the heat ran in my apartment. It's much too soon for this to be happening.

I guess "cold" is a relative term. What we've been experiencing is nothing compared to what folks in Alaska must endure at this time of the year. Of course, the roles will be reversed in about seven months.

My electricity consumption was about the same as yesterday, even a kWh or two more.

This morning's meter reading is between 12345 and 12346. Yesterday's reading was 12321. That's a consumption rate of 24½ kWh in the last 24 hours, which is an increase of a little more than 11% compared to the day before.

And it is about 3½ times my consumption of a year ago.

The forecasts offer some short–term hope, though. Today's high is supposed to be 60°. Tonight's low is expected to be 49°. Friday, Saturday and Sunday promise to be mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment