Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 24, 2014



All week, the forecasters have been warning that the weekend would bring triple–digit temperatures that would continue into early next week.

Such a forecast didn't really come true last weekend — but this is Texas, and such forecasts are, regrettably, more often true than not.

I don't really know if the temperature was 100° at any time during the day yesterday. I do know it was in the 90s before noon, and it was 98° just before 6 p.m. Odds are that we were in triple digits for awhile.

The forecast says we can expect highs in the upper 70s for the next week, but, in my experience, that means it will probably only drop as low as 80°. Today, however, it was 79° when I got up.

This morning's reading is 17959. Yesterday's reading was 17922. My consumption was a whopping 37 kWh, one of my few 30–plus days this summer. Consumption was 54% higher than it was in the previous 24 hours, and it is nearly 35% higher than this day in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment