Saturday, August 13, 2016

August 13, 2016



On the way to work yesterday, the radio made it sound like our streak of triple–digit days would not end gracefully. The forecasters warned of highs of 103° or 104° with a heat index that pushed 110°.

As usual, I spent the lunch break in the office so I have no idea how hot it actually became yesterday, but the skies were overcast and thunder could be heard midway through the afternoon and, by the time I left the office, it was noticeably cooler than it has been. Not cold Cooler.

The radio confirmed that for me, reporting a temperature of 93°. Forecasts are calling for highs in the 90s, even upper 80s, in the next seven days.

Last night's low was expected to be 80°, and that is precisely what the temperature was when I woke up. Forecasters say lows will be in the 70s for the next week or so.

This morning's meter reading is 33362. Yesterday's reading was is 33337. Consumption was 25 kWh. It's the first time in more than two weeks that my 24–hour consumption has been below 30 kWh.

No comments:

Post a Comment