Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12, 2012



In the last 24 hours, my Kwh usage was about 12.

Going back to Monday of last week, which was 10 days ago, my consumption has been 102 Kwh in that time. That's a daily average of 10.2 Kwh. The billing company claims I used an average of 30 Kwh two months ago — and, if that is an average (which it is, based on the total Kwh for which I am being charged divided by the number of days in the billing period), that would mean that there were days when I used more.

But February was unseasonably mild, and I know I hardly used my heat at all, certainly much less than I have run my air conditioning in the last 10 days. I kept a pretty close eye on my consumption because I am on a very limited budget, and I was extremely pleased that my consumption was so low. I was expecting a much lower bill than I received. Yet the billing company says I was using more than three times as much electricity on some days in February than I have used at any time in the last week and a half.

I have always played by the rules, and I expect my utility company to do the same. I deserved far better than an estimated utility bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment