Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 29, 2013



I've been living in Texas for the last 17 years, and I've been visiting the state longer than that.

I've seen mild weather (by Texas standards) in late May before but not often.

Forecasts lately have flirted with 90° or higher, but temperatures almost always seem to end up in the 80s (heat indices have been a different conversation sometimes).

And today's forecast calls for a high of ... 85°!

Nighttime lows have been consistently in the 70s.

This is so radically different from the weather we were having at this time last year that it doesn't seem fair to make a comparison. But I will, anyway.

My usual daily comparison suggests that electricity consumption was down in the last 24 hours. Yesterday's meter reading was 9055. Today's reading is 9068 so my consumption was about 13 kWh.

Since my consumption in the previous 24 hours was 16 kWh, my daily consumption went down nearly 19%.

But, once again, the big difference can be seen compared to this date last year when we were experiencing temperatures in the 90s.

In 2012, my consumption on this day was around 30 kWh so my consumption this year was about 57% lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment