Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16, 2013



Yesterday was another cool day. It was in the 70s and drizzly all day, and I doubt that my air conditioning ever came on.

My electricity consumption was in single digits in the last 24 hours. This morning's meter reading is between 10151 and 10152. Yesterday's reading was between 10143 and 10144 so consumption was 8 kWh. That is a drop of nearly 24% from the previous 24–hour period. Conditions were roughly the same so I can only attribute it to the fact that I was at school yesterday morning and did not use my appliances to the extent that I did on Sunday.

It is supposed to be in the upper 80s today so that low consumption level will not continue.

However, even though we were experiencing a cool front at this time last year, my usage this year is well below what it was on this day in 2012. A year ago, my consumption was 19 kWh so consumption is down nearly 58%.

No comments:

Post a Comment