Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 18, 2013



It was nice while it lasted, but I guess the hot weather is officially back.

The temperature was 91° shortly before 3 p.m. yesterday, and the heat index was 97°. I'm sure it got hotter as the day progressed. I just don't know how hot.

But I do know that, starting today, the forecast is calling for daytime highs in the mid– to upper 90s for the next week. A slight chance of rain will remain in the forecast but probably not enough to bring the temperature down.

This morning's meter reading is between 10180 and 10181. Yesterday's reading was 10163 so my electricity consumption in the last 24 hours was 17½ kWh. That isn't bad at all for mid–July, but it is an increase of nearly 38% over the previous 24 hours.

However, it is about a 42% drop in my usage compared to the same date a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment