Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 25, 2013



The heat returned yesterday. Temperatures were in the mid–90s in the afternoon, and the forecasts say we can expect that until this weekend.

For the most part, though, nighttime lows should be in the 60s, and the accumulated cool nighttime air may help keep electricity consumption down during the day. I am convinced that it helped me yesterday because, even though consumption did go up, the increase really wasn't that much. I mean, it was about 10 degrees warmer yesterday than it has been for nearly a week, but my increase was 2½ kWh. That is quite a bit proportionately (more than 29%) but not numerically.

This morning's meter reading is between 11862 and 11863. Yesterday's reading was between 11851 and 11852. As I say, that is a 2½ kWh increase over the previous 24 hours.

But it is 44% less than my consumption a year ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment