Sunday, September 1, 2013

September 1, 2013



Tomorrow is Labor Day, and this is looking like it will be the warmest Labor Day weekend in memory.

It was well over 100° yesterday, even for awhile after the sun went down, and the temperature is expected to be in triple digits again today. Then a modest cool front is supposed to arrive, bringing temperatures that stay in the 90s through the rest of the week.

I was home most of the day, watching football so I knew even before I went out to check my meter that my consumption would be higher than it was the day before. And it was.

This morning's meter reading is 11345. Yesterday's reading was 11307 so consumption was a whopping 38 kWh. That's an increase of nearly 36% over the previous 24 hours.

But it's only 15% higher than last year on this date.

No comments:

Post a Comment