Thursday, September 5, 2013

September 5, 2013



I was monitoring the weather conditions yesterday morning. The NOAA website is my primary source for that kind of thing. I have found its forecasts to be more reliable than any other weather website I have seen, but it only updates temperatures and other conditions (like wind speed, heat index, wind chill, etc.) every hour. Unless you happen to check it within minutes of the latest update, you're likely to be looking at conditions that are not very current.

Anyway, I checked the conditions yesterday shortly before 10 a.m. — which means the conditions were actually from about 9 a.m. At that time, the website showed a temperature around 80°. I checked it again a couple of minutes later when the conditions had been updated, and the temperature had shot up to 89°. I know it didn't happen that rapidly, but, even so, it was a bit startling.

I heard on the radio, around 1 p.m., that the temperature was 96°, nearly the predicted high temperature. It probably exceeded the prediction. Last night, around 9 p.m., the temperature was 94°. Supposedly, the low was going to be 76°. I don't know if it made it.

I was pretty sure when I got up this morning that I wouldn't be getting any good news when I read the meter. And it wasn't good (or, at least, what I would consider good). But neither was it bad, really.

This morning's meter reading is 11465. Yesterday's meter reading was 11435. Consumption was 30 kWh, which is the same as it was yesterday. No change.

Inexplicably, my consumption on this date a year ago was 25 kWh so my usage was up 20% by comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment