Saturday, January 25, 2014

January 25, 2014



Yesterday was cold, much like the day before, but it was not quite as cold. At least, that is what the forecasters expected. I was indoors most of the afternoon, advising the student newspaper so I can only say what it was like when I drove to the campus.

It was cold.

It was cold during the night, too. The forecasters predicted lows around freezing. That, apparently, was optimistic because the temperature when I got up this morning was 30°. Well, that beats the teens we had the night before.

This morning's meter reading is 14230. Yesterday's reading was 14195 so my consumption was 35 kWh. That's a drop of nearly 34% compared to the previous 24 hours, but, thanks to an unseasonably warm spell in this area, it is five times higher than my consumption on this date in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment