Sunday, January 5, 2014

January 5, 2014



I'm going to wish for more yesterdays a lot this week, I think.

The temperature got close to 70° yesterday afternoon. It was windy, but it was pleasant.

Overnight, the temperature plummeted to around 30°, if not lower. It should be much lower than that over the next few nights, and forecasters aren't even talking about temps of 50° during the day until Wednesday at the earliest.

In the interim, we've been told to expect highs in the 30s and lows in the teens. Could be worse, as Marty Feldman said in "Young Frankenstein." Could be raining.

Or I could be in Green Bay today, where the wind chill is expected to be around –50.

This morning's meter reading is 13753. Yesterday's reading was between 13737 and 13738 so my consumption in the last 24 hours was 15½ kWh (my guess, based on the forecast, is that it will be about three times that for the next few days).

That's nearly 47% lower than my consumption in the previous 24 hours, and it is 35% lower than my consumption on this date last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment