Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 17, 2015

Yesterday was a reminder that summer is closer than we think. It has been rainy and, overall, a bit cooler than normal this spring, but this is Texas, and hot weather this time of the year is as close to a sure thing as you will encounter.

The temperature was in the upper 80s, possibly even the lower 90s, and it seemed muggy to me even though I don't think we got any rain, although it was overcast much of the day.

The rain returned during the night, though. It wasn't severe enough to wake me, but it was apparently heavy enough to cause problems in this drainage–challenged property. Last night's low was expected to be around 70°. It was 69° when I woke up.

Due to the standing water where my meter is located, there will be no picture today. I simply don't care to stand in several inches of water to shoot a picture. I'll do an average based on my next picture, be it tomorrow or the day after. There is a chance of rain in the daily forecast all week. Yesterday's reading was between 23733 and 23734.

No comments:

Post a Comment