Saturday, May 30, 2015

May 30, 2015

Yesterday wasn't as warm as the day before nor was it as wet. For the most part, it was probably fairly typical of a late spring day in north Texas.

What hasn't been typical is the heavy rain we've had lately, and apparently it was back during the night. It's been raining since I got up, too. Until we get the chance to dry out a bit, additional rain will only mean flash flooding. There is nowhere for the rain to go.

Last night's low was expected to be in the upper 60s, but it was 74° when I woke up. It was raining again, so I can only conclude that cloud cover during the night kept the temperature steady.

I'm going to assume that the area around my meter has a few inches of standing water, so I won't photograph the meter today. Sunday sounds like it will be dry. Perhaps I can take the photo then and calculate a daily average. Thursday's reading was 23919.

No comments:

Post a Comment