Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 31, 2013



I spent practically the entire afternoon in the Richland newsroom yesterday, and it was well after dark when I came home.

I honestly don't know how hot it got. I only know that it was nearly 100° when I left for school, and the radio reported that it was 93° when I was driving home. The forecast said it would be 103°, 104°, 105°, perhaps even worse, and I have no reason to think that it did not reach that level.

More of the same is expected today and probably tomorrow. There is a chance it will drop below triple digits on Labor Day.

Even though I wasn't home yesterday afternoon, I can tell from my meter reading this morning that the air conditioning must have run quite a bit in my absence.

This morning's meter reading is 11307. Yesterday's reading was 11279 so consumption was 28 kWh. That is about 8% higher than yesterday's consumption level.

But it is nearly 13% lower than my consumption on this day in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment