Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8, 2014



Yesterday was another very cold day. The forecast called for a high just above freezing, which is warmer than it has been. I was indoors nearly all day so I don't know if it ever got past freezing, but I do know that most of the snow that was on the ground when I arrived on campus this morning was gone when I left around 5:15.

A bank clock that I passed on the way home said it was 31°.

It was only supposed to drop a few degrees last night, then the highs today and tomorrow are expected to be in the 50s. I expect my electricity consumption to drop dramatically this weekend. but it will probably go up again on Monday and Tuesday, which is when the next cold front is expected.

This morning's meter reading is between 14752 and 14753. Yesterday's reading was between 14706 and 14707 so my consumption in the last 24 hours has been 46 kWh. That's a drop of more than 34% compared to the previous 24 hours, but it is still more than seven times my consumption on this date last year (when it was much warmer).

No comments:

Post a Comment