Saturday, May 31, 2014

This Month's Bill

Later today, I will be paying my rent.

I received my latest statement last weekend. Consumption in the apartment complex went down overall in April, but, as my entries here amply demonstrate, my consumption went down nearly two–thirds, while, because of the allocated billing we now are on, my utility bill went down about 13%.

My consumption has remained at about the same level this month, but I have noticed many air conditioning units running so I expect that, although my personal consumption has stayed low, I will be billed more next month.

I emailed the manager about this. Here was his reply:
"Unfortunately while you and I may not agree it's the best form of billing it is the form of billing that corporate has chosen for this property and is completely legal with the Texas Utility Commission and State Laws."

I told him that I will continue to monitor my usage and point out the discrepancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment