Friday, July 18, 2014

July 18, 2014



Yesterday was a unique July day in my experience.

I didn't grow up in Dallas, but my grandparents lived here, and my family visited two or three times a year when I was a child, and we often spent time here in the summer. I feel I have a pretty good idea what to expect around here in the summer. It was always hot here when I was a child, and it seldom seemed to rain during the summer. When it did, it rarely cooled things off. It seemed leave a wet heat in its wake.

As I mentioned yesterday, the temperature was in the upper 70s when I got up — but then an amazing thing happened. Some rain came through the area, and temperature dropped into the upper 60s. It stayed there through the morning; it was only 69° shortly before 1 p.m. It was just barely 70° by 3 p.m.

Last night's low was expected to be 69°. It was 66° when I got up.

It appears this cool front may linger for awhile. Currently, today's forecast calls for a high of 79°, and tonight's low is supposed to be back in the 60s. Right now, it is expected to be in the upper 80s tomorrow, but that could be lowered.

This morning's meter reading is 17129. Yesterday's reading was between 17121 and 17122. My consumption was only 7½ kWh in the last 24 hours. That is 58% lower than the previous 24 hours and 57% lower than this day in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment