Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 9, 2014



This time of the year is just hot. There is no other word for it.

The temperature was 90° before noon yesterday (heat index was 96°). It just got worse as the day went on. By 3 p.m., the temperature was 97° (heat index 102°). I guess it goes without saying that it was still over 90° after the sun went down.

Last night's low was expected to be around 78°. But the trend for the actual nighttime lows appears to have been that temperatures are usually a couple of degrees higher than the forecast called for so my guess was that it wouldn't drop below 80°.

Anyway, it was 81° when I got up.

This morning's meter reading is between 16918 and 16919. Yesterday's reading was 16887. My consumption in the last 24 hours was 31½ kWh — my first 30–plus consumption day of the summer, but I'm sure it won't be my last.

My consumption went up a little more than 8% in the last 24 hours, and it is more than 12% higher than my consumption on this date in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment