Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 31, 2014



A couple of weeks ago, when we enjoyed that three–day stretch of mild weather, I didn't expect to see anything like it again for a couple of months, at least.

But we may be in a similar stretch now. It isn't quite as mild as it was then, but the difference is only a few degrees, really.

By noon yesterday, the temperature was still in the upper 70s. By 3 p.m., it was 84°. By 6 p.m., it was 89°, and the humidity was higher than 60%. It was very muggy outside, and that seemed to make it warmer inside somehow. It was definitely cooler than it has been in a week and a half, I would say, but it was warm enough to raise my utility consumption.

Current forecasts tell us we can expect highs between 82° and 86° and lows in the 60 for the next three days.

Last night's low was predicted to be 73°. It was 74° when I woke up.

This morning's meter reading is 17414. Yesterday's reading was between 17395 and 17396. My consumption was 18½ kWh. That's 23% higher than the day before, but it is nearly 20% lower than my consumption on this date in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment