Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3, 2014



It was another hot one yesterday — but, for awhile, I thought perhaps it might not be quite as hot.

The skies were overcast, and it was still under 90° by the middle of the afternoon. At 3 p.m., the temperature was 89° (heat index 92°). By 5 p.m., it was 92° (heat index 94°). So it got hot, and it stayed in the 90s until well after dark, but I had reason to believe my electricity consumption might not be quite as high as it was the day before.

I was disappointed.

Last night's low was expected to be 75°. To my surprise, it was 70° when I woke up. The forecast calls for lows of 73° tonight and tomorrow night.

This morning's meter reading is 16763. Yesterday's reading was 16737. My consumption was 26 kWh. That is 4% higher than my consumption in the previous 24 hours. And, because this area was still experiencing an unseasonable cool front on this day in 2013, it is nearly 49% higher than my consumption on this date last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment