Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 14, 2013



By the middle of the afternoon yesterday, we were in triple digits (101°, 105° heat index).

I don't think it stayed in triple digits long. A rainstorm came through the area around 5 p.m., and I'm sure the temperature dropped several degrees. In fact, I'll bet it was in the 70s by 7 p.m.

And, if the forecasters are correct, we may have seen our last triple–digit day — for at least a week. Thanks to yesterday's temperature drop, my electricity consumption went down in the most recent 24 hours, but I'm hoping for better.

The high today and tomorrow is supposed to be only 89°, and the high on Friday is supposed to be 90°.

This morning's meter reading is between 10933 and 10934. Yesterday's meter reading was between 10908 and 10909 so consumption was 25 kWh, a drop of about 12%. And, because this area was in the midst of an unseasonable cool spell on this day in 2012, my consumption is down only about 7% compared to a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment