Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 15, 2013



I honestly don't know what the high temperature was yesterday. I spent most of the afternoon on campus.

It may have gone above 90°. Maybe not. I don't know. The forecast kept changing, but I think the forecasters finally settled on 92°. As I say, I couldn't be certain if it reached that level or not.

What I do know, however, is that it was muggy so humidity must have been fairly high, which would have driven up the heat index — but it definitely was not as hot as it has been.

And, as far as I can tell, the forecasts of lows around 73° last night were accurate. It was actually 75° when I got up this morning so it might have been a degree or two lower at some point last night. All of which led me to expect low electricity consumption when I checked the meter.

I wasn't disappointed.

This morning's meter reading is between 10950 and 10951. Yesterday's reading was between 10933 and 10934, which means consumption was 17 kWh. That is certainly a good reading in the middle of August in Texas. It's also a decline of about 32% compared to the previous 24 hours.

And it's nearly 35% lower than my consumption on this date last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment