Friday, August 2, 2013

August 2, 2013



I guess we've been pretty lucky this summer.

We've had our hot spells, but we have also had some astonishingly cool days, too.

But that seems to be at an end. We are in the grip of an unrelenting heat wave that apparently will be with us indefinitely.

Yesterday morning, the temperature was 93° and the heat index was 100° before 11 a.m. Two hours later it was 95° (101° heat index).

An hour after that it was 101° (heat index 108°).

There really is no glimmer of hope in the week ahead. Days for which the forecast does not call for triple digits will only miss it by a single degree — if the forecasts are accurate.

And they've been deadly accurate lately.

Try as I might, I simply could not keep the air conditioning from running. There were times when I felt I was broiling. And my energy consumption shows it.

This morning's meter reading is 10564. Yesterday's reading was 10527 so consumption was 37 kWh. That's more than 23% higher than yesterday's consumption.

But it was still nearly 10% lower than my consumption at this time last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment