Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December 25, 2013



The weather really has been getting gradually better the last few days.

It has been more seasonable than it was when temperatures at night were dipping to around 25° and daytime highs were in the 30s. It was 40° when I got up this morning, and the current forecast calls for a high in the mid–50s. If that pans out, I probably will visit my mother's grave this afternoon.

This morning's meter reading is between 13417 and 13418. Yesterday's reading was 13387 so consumption was 30½ kWh. That is nearly 32% lower than the previous 24 hours.

Because of the conditions on this day last year, I wasn't able to get a good photograph of my meter, but I was able to read it, and I determined that my consumption on this day in 2012 was 22 kWh so my usage is nearly 39% higher now than it was then.

But we were embarking on a much colder period on this day last year — whereas, as I mentioned before, temperatures this year are expected to rise. So my expectation is that I will see a continued decline in current consumption, and it shouldn't be long before I am doing better than I was in late 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment