Friday, January 25, 2013

January 25, 2013



I've been told that the temperature yesterday flirted with 80°.

I have no firsthand experience. I was indoors much of the day. I had back–to–back classes, then I spent about three hours in the newsroom. In short, after I got to school, I didn't go back outside for about six or seven hours.

What I do know is that it was rather warm (60s) when I went to school and it was warm (70s) when I left the building I had been in. It might very well have reached 80° at some point.

Anyway, my electricity consumption apparently dropped. This morning's meter reading is 8097. Yesterday's reading was 8090 so my consumption in the last 24 hours was a mere 7 kWh.

The reading on Wednesday was between 8081 and 8082; thus, my consumption in the previous 24 hours was 8½ kWh.

I know my usage decline in the last 24 hours was only 1½ kWh. But that's nearly 20%!

I'll take it, especially after some of the days we had during the Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment