Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 26, 2013



Yesterday was cooler than the preceding days, and I wasn't sure what to expect.

The apartment below me is still unoccupied, but I think there have been people working down there, cleaning the place to get it ready to show prospective renters, and they might have run the A/C a few days ago — and perhaps the heat yesterday.

I don't really know.

But I'm quite sure my heat hasn't been running at all in recent days.

Anyway, my daily electricity consumption has been dropping, and I was afraid that trend might reverse itself last night because forecasts called for lower 40s.

But the decline continues.

This morning's meter reading is 8101. Since yesterday's reading was 8097, my consumption was only 4 kWh. That represents a decline of nearly 50% over the previous 24–hour period (my reading on Thursday was 8090).

I'm not really sure how I accomplished that. I was on campus for about eight hours yesterday, but that's been fairly standard all through the first week of classes, and my consumption habits were pretty consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment