Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11, 2013



I checked the weather report about 4 p.m. yesterday, and it was 99°. I've heard that the Dallas–Fort Worth area hit 100°, which may well be true.

The power, according to the apartment management, was supposed to be restored by 5 p.m. so that is when I left campus to return home. I had no idea how hot it was in my apartment. I only knew how hot it was when I left about 4½ hours earlier.

But I was sure it would be hot in there, even with the air conditioning set to kick on as soon as the power was restored.

So, while consumption was undoubtedly down through most of the day, I was sure I more than made up for it overnight as the air conditioning struggled to bring the temperature in my apartment down.

I can't say for sure when the power came back on. I spent the night elsewhere.

But when I checked the meter this morning, the reading was 9263. Yesterday's reading was between 9249 and 9250 so consumption in the last 24 hours was 13½ kWh. That's pretty good, given the time of year, but it was all accumulated overnight as the air conditioning tried to bring the temperature in the apartment down since I had no electricity for at least 17 hours so it's hard to say how well I did.

Still it is only an 8% increase over the day before. And it's a 50% decrease over this date last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment