Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 6, 2013

Through the middle of the afternoon yesterday, I thought the high yesterday wouldn't get into the 90s.

But I was wrong. When I checked the latest observations at 5 p.m., the temperature was 91° and the heat index was 93°.

That isn't quite as hot as the forecasters were predicting, but it was hot enough. It might have gotten warmer. I don't know. But I do know it stayed warm well after sundown.

A cool front is supposed to keep daytime highs in the 80s and nighttime lows in the 60s for the next couple of days, then back into the 90s this weekend. That will be welcome because the last 24 hours saw my consumption increase.

Today's meter reading is 9202. Yesterday's reading was 9180. Consumption was 22 kWh, which is a little more than 22% higher than it was in the previous 24 hours.

However, my electricity consumption on this day last year was 34 kWh, so my usage is about 35% lower than it was a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment