Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 18, 2013



We had rain here early yesterday morning, about an hour after I checked my meter. And it brought a cool front into the area. I think the temperature must have remained in the 70s all morning.

I don't really know what yesterday afternoon was like. I was on campus, indoors, attending a seminar, which lasted for three hours. After it was over, I stopped at the grocery store for a couple of things so I got home around 5 p.m. It was warm but not hot.

That seemed to change, though, and my guess is that the temperature must have gone over 90°, at least for awhile.

This morning's meter reading is between 9453 and 9454. Yesterday's reading was between 9435 and 9436 so my consumption was about 18 kWh. Since my usage was 30½ kWh in the previous 24 hours, consumption dropped about 40%.

We were experiencing a cool front here on this date last year so my decline in usage wasn't quite as dramatic, but it was still a decline. I used 24 kWh on this date in 2012 so consumption was down about 25%.

No comments:

Post a Comment