Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 26, 2013



At 4:30 yesterday afternoon, the temperature was 97° and the heat index was 100°. Worse is expected through the weekend, and there is no chance for rain in sight.

Considering how hot it was yesterday, I was stunned by what I found when I checked my meter this morning.

Today's meter reading is 9650. Yesterday's reading was 9626. Consumption in the last 24 hours was 24 kWh which represents a drop from yesterday. Twenty–four hours ago, my consumption was 28 kWh. That's a decrease of more than 14%.

How did I manage that? I honestly do not know. Yesterday was hotter than the day before. Common sense tells me I should have used at least as much electricity, if not more.

And, because my daily usage went down, the consumption decline from this date last year is even more impressive than it was yesterday. On this day in 2012, my consumption was 39½ kWh. That means my consumption went down more than 39%.

No comments:

Post a Comment