Thursday, June 19, 2014

June 19, 2014



The temperature was 87° (heat index 91°) before noon yesterday. An hour later, it was 90° (heat index 95°). That was already higher than predicted.

Shortly before 4 p.m., it was 94° (heat index 99°). I was certain my electricity consumption would go up. In the end, though, my electricity consumption actually went down.

During the afternoon, we had a couple of brief, light showers, but mostly the sky was clear. Then, around 6 p.m., we had a more substantial rain than we had had earlier. It didn't last a lot longer, but, when it was done, the temperature had dropped 10°–15°.

Last night's low was expected to be 75°. The temperature when I got up was 76°.

This morning's meter reading is 16500. Yesterday's reading was 16482. My consumption was 18 kWh, 28% lower than the previous 24–hour period.

It is 24% higher than my consumption a year ago, but that is much better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment