Thursday, June 26, 2014

June 26, 2014



Yesterday morning, I entertained the hope that maybe, for a fifth straight day, the heat would be restrained by clouds and, perhaps, a little rain.

By 1 p.m., the temperature was 84°. but the heat index was 90°. Humidity we had — but we also had clouds, and they lingered. Occasionally, the sun broke through the clouds.

And, lo and behold, it was a lot like the day before. Well, not quite. The rain came through around 2 p.m. yesterday (instead of 4 p.m. like the day before), but the temperature dropped into the 70s again. By 3 p.m., the temperature was 74°, and the forecast high had been revised from 90° in the morning to 85° in the afternoon.

It was 71° when I got up this morning

It sure has been a nice week weatherwise. I know it won't last. We're only a few days away from July, and it has been observed to me on many occasions that Dallas almost always sees a 100° reading by the Fourth of July.

But these cool, rainy afternoons remind me of the autumn days of my youth.

This morning's meter reading is 16607. Yesterday's reading was between 16599 and 16600. In the last 24 hours my consumption was 7½ kWh. That is my lowest daily consumption level in more than two weeks, and it is nearly 32% lower than my consumption in the previous 24 hours, and it is nearly 69% lower than my consumption on this date in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment