Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 3, 2014



My air conditioning got fixed yesterday, and the temperature was in the 90s (heat index was higher than that) in the afternoon.

It is safe to say I expected to see summertime electricity usage when I checked my meter this morning, and I was right.

(Last night's low was expected to be about 74°, and it was 75° when I got up.)

This morning's meter reading is 16190. Yesterday's reading was between 16165 and 16166 so my consumption was 24½ kWh. That is more than twice my consumption in the previous 24 hours, and it is more than twice my consumption on this day last year.

But it was my first real experience with the A/C since last fall, and I have a better handle on how to set it to keep usage down. Well, I think I do. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment