Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014



It got colder with each passing hour yesterday, spending most of the daylight hours in the 20s. Occasionally, we had freezing rain, which could be heard pelting against the windows like handfuls of pebbles.

By mid–afternoon, the temperature had plummeted to the mid–20s with a wind chill of 10°. The overnight low was supposed to be 12° with a wind chill between –3° and 7°.

It should be no surprise that the heat ran almost constantly last night. I expected to find a huge rate of consumption when I checked the meter this morning. After all, it was 18° when I got up.

All I can say is, I am so ready for this winter to be over.

This morning's meter reading is 12262. Yesterday's reading was 15156. That is the first triple–digit consumption in a 24–hour period that I have recorded in nearly two years of monitoring my meter.

The weather is supposed to be gradually warmer each day this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment