Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5, 2014



Each day since the ice storm last weekend, we seem to exceed the high temperature that has been predicted.

Yesterday, for example, the forecast called for a high around 46° or 47°. I don't know what the actual high temperature was. I was in the newsroom all afternoon again. But when I was driving home around 5 p.m., the radio reported that the temperature was 49°. For all I know, it reached 50°, maybe higher.

Last night's low was supposed to be around freezing. It was a little warmer than that when I got up (35°).

So I am hopeful that the temperature today will exceed the predicted high of 51°.

This morning's meter reading is 15372. Yesterday's reading was 15331 so my consumption in the last 24 hours was 41 kWh — which is still much higher than I'd like but definitely better than it's been the last couple of days. It represents a drop of nearly 41% in my consumption compared to the previous 24 hours.

But it is five times higher than my consumption on this date a year ago (when the all–time high temperature for the date fell).

No comments:

Post a Comment