Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17, 2012



Today's meter reading indicates that I used 21 kWh in the last 24 hours, which isn't surprising since it has been getting into the upper 80s lately and is expected to remain that way for the next week.

What did surprise me was the notice on my door when I went out this morning to take this photo.

It advised me that I would be evicted if I did not pay an additional $58.59 for utilities.

I went in to the office on May 1 to pay my rent and to adjust the last two utility bills. I sat down with the apartment manager, who told me we could recalculate the amounts without waiting for the utility billing company to do so.

(Up to this point, I have declined to name that company in this blog. But, now, I see no reason not to. If anyone out there is reading this and your billing company is Minol, I advise you to follow what happens to me and consider it a cautionary tale.)

Anyway, I sat down with the manager, she recalculated what I owed, and I wrote checks for February and March. I won't know what I owe for April for a few weeks.

The last thing I said to the manager before I left the office was, "Is everything up to date now?"

She said it was.





No comments:

Post a Comment