Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3, 2012



The sun was sort of peeking out from behind some clouds when I took my picture this morning, and that usually means a fairly fuzzy photo.

Anyway, if you can't read it very well, this morning's reading is 2401. That is 23 Kwh that I consumed in the last 24 hours. Consumption is going up along with the daily temperatures, which is to be expected. The latest forecasts I have seen called for temperatures in the upper 80s and lower 90s, and that usually means it gets quite warm in my second–floor apartment during the day.

However, I have been monitoring my meter for more than a month now, and I still haven't used 30 Kwh in a single 24–hour period. Nevertheless, according to the utility billing company's estimates, I averaged 30 Kwh per day in February and March.

Ridiculous.

I deliberately adjusted my heat/air in my unit and opened the windows on many occasions with the specific intention of lowering my utility consumption. Combined with the mild temperatures we had in those months, it is impossible to believe I could have used that much energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment