Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 31, 2012



It is completely overcast this morning.

It rained much of the day yesterday, and it rained last night, and the skies are still cloudy this morning — so, while I must apologize for the quality of today's photo, it really isn't my fault.

Nevertheless, if it is too hard to read in the photo, this morning's reading is 3037. Yesterday's reading was 3017. Therefore, my consumption in the last 24 hours has been 20 kWH, a considerable dropoff from what it had been in the days prior when we were dealing with temperatures in the mid–90s.

That really doesn't surprise me. Temperatures really have gotten cooler, as the forecasters had been telling us, but I was skeptical, as I think just about any veteran of north Texas summers would be about a cool front that was supposed to come through around the first of June.

But, by golly, it was true. It finally did crack 90° yesterday afternoon, but it was cool and overcast most of the day.

Forecasters are calling for highs in the mid–80s today. We'll see if tomorrow's high really is 81° or 82°, as the meteorologists have been saying, or if the inevitable return to the 90s will begin that day.

Still haven't received my latest utility bill, but this time I have photographic evidence to contradict the fictional estimated readings they've had on my most recent bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment